Thursday, July 26, 2012

Time stops for no one!

Its no doubt my life has changed drastically over the last several months, and the quicker we get to the arrival of little miss Addelyn Mae, the more of a reality this becomes. Today, after reading a blog my friend Kate (who ironically is the one who encouraged me to start blogging in the first place) wrote, I realized that despite all of the recent changes in my life- I haven’t documented ANY of it!! Just last year, one of the most common phrases that would fly out of my mouth on an almost daily basis was “I just can’t wait until…” While he understood these exclamations were primarily out of excitement, Dustin would often correct me when I’d go on about what the future holds. He’d remind me that if I’d stop looking so far into the future, I could appreciate the present so much more. I like to pretend that I’m always right, but this certainly wasn’t the case here. My husband is a brilliant man…and he was right! Lately I’ve realized how quickly life is passing me by and strive to enjoy every moment for what it is. 

To recap the last six months: We closed on the house, and moved in, discovered I was pregnant and put the adoption plans on hold, discovered my sister was pregnant (along with two other cousins), became an aunt and uncle, finished school, and started two businesses. 

What a year- and we’re only halfway through it! Consequently, I felt it was only appropriate to hop back on the blogging bandwagon. I have a feeling the next six months are bound to be eventful ones as well. And now, its time to play catch up… Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment