Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Home alone!

Is it terrible that I'm excited that Dustin and I are on different schedules at school now? Last Wednesday while he was in class, I was so excited to come home and catch up on all of the chores that were put off throughout the week, and this Wednesday I'm looking forward to get a bunch of baking done for a pot luck at work on Friday. I love feeling caught up on laundry and keeping the house as tidy as can be, but I tend to choose a movie night with Dustin and push the last load of dishes on the back burner when given the choice. Its funny how quickly I can fall behind again on laundry if I'm not careful... and its even funnier that I secretly think it will be easier to get motivated to do it when we have kids... yeah right. I do love that I usually have about an hour in the morning before leaving for work when I'm able to get little things done here and there throughout the house. However, I've given that up for the last week or so, as I requested to come in an extra three hours early every day for the end of last week and all of this week. I think the last thing I need these days is to be working 12 hour days, but we're trying to save up before we close on the house toward the end of November, and the paychecks sure are nice!

Speaking of which, we finally have a slab! We've been told by the construction manager and others that it is all downhill from here. They should begin framing this week, and we'll be on our way to moving into our brand new home by Thanksgiving week! I hope the estimated completion date is not an exageration... I just can't wait to see the final product.



On another note, this blogging thing is not going as well as I expected. Its much harder than I expected to find interesting topic to blog about, although I'll admit, it is a nice, creative outlet. Hopefully, I can keep it up...what a fun thing to look back on years from now. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment