Sunday, September 11, 2011

On the blogging bandwagon...

Although hesitant about hopping on this blogging bandwagon everyone seems to be a part of, I finally decided to take the plunge and create a blog myself. While I hope this isn't the case, I have a feeling this new-found excitement will last for a few weeks before the hustle and bustle of life gets in the way of keeping up with it. Hopefully this is appealing enough that it will be of interest to someone other than myself. I'll start with some background information:

I met my amazing husband in an economics class here at a community college we were attending in 2008. At the time, we were focused on getting our basics out of the way so that we could move on to bigger and better things...never in a million years would either of us have thought that we would be married the following year. Strictly study buddies at first, it wasn't until December of  that year later that we made things official. Five months later, we were engaged, and five more months later, on October 24, 2009, we were married. I couldn't have picked a more perfect person to spend my life with.



We do not yet have any children, but we do have two adorable wittle pups that keep us laughing everyday- Molly & Cooper. I would love to say that Dustin and I are satisfied with being parents only to pets for a while longer, but this isn't the case. Originally, we decided to wait until September or October of this year to start trying for kids. If it were up to me, we would have started much sooner than this, but we understood that waiting until completing our degrees would be the best for our children. At the beginning of 2011 however, life threw us quite the little curve ball, which landed us in infertility treatment... but this story is far too long for an introduction. I'll post more about this story in the future.



On a more positive note, in preparation for children, we decided to say goodbye to our first home and begin building a much bigger home about four miles from where we were previously living. I thought selling the house would be a nightmare--but much less of a nightmare before we had a baby and all the clutter that can come with them. To my surprise, we had a contract on our house just ten days after it went on the market. We were sad to say goodbye to the our very first home, but are looking forward to the completion of the new house. For now, we are renting an outdated, little two bedroom house from a family friend until December when the new house is finished. Its very small, but over the last few weeks, I've gotten used to it. I'll post progress on the new house from time to time-- Here is one of the lot:



I think that that is enough background before I begin-- lets see how this goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment