Sunday, November 4, 2012

Addie's first road trip!

This weekend, we went to visit Angela & the girls in Houston for the first time since Addelyn was born. I was worried all week that I was going to forget something we'd need or that she would cry the whole way there. Thursday night I packed most everything I thought we'd need (with the help of my trusty checklist, of course!) and then finished up the last bit of packing Friday morning. I was actually pretty impressed... I didn't forget anything, and didn't over-pack either... well, I didn't over-pack any more than the mother of a newborn would need to, anyway.

On our way!

Addelyn usually sleeps in the car, but I didn't think she would sleep for the full three hour ride. To my surprise, she woke up when we were about 20 minutes from Angela's, and stayed just as happy as could be the rest of the way.


"Aunt Anchula" was sooo excited to see Addie, and the girls really enjoyed her company over the weekend. Saturday morning, we visited with our friend Sam, and then went to watch Julie play in her last softball game of the season. I was so glad we got to see her game, cause they whooped the other team! All of the girls took turns playing with Addelyn, but Julie seemed to be the most attached. She's so proud that they share a middle name, and it makes me so glad we chose Mae for her.

Julie Mae & Addie Mae!

Aunt Angela

Lacey & Addie

Leah is a natural!

All the girls :)


Every time I visit, I can't believe how much bigger the girls are than the last time I saw them, but this time, it was really surreal, watching them play with my daughter. It certainly made me realize how quickly time flies!


No comments:

Post a Comment